Aboard the Lookinglass
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Winner of the IndieCade 3D Jam, Official Selection for Out of Index Festival in South Korea and selected for the European Innovative Games Showcase in Cologne. Lookinglass also enjoyed a stint at the Museum of the Moving Image in New York, and was showcased at the Internet Festival, Pisa, Italy in October 2015.
A science-fiction game about dimensional time, a rescue mission gone awry and a troubling future.
View the trailer here: https://youtu.be/t46-nzisJa8
Full gameplay video (skips intro): http://youtu.be/LX9i7ULY8uw?t=1m14s
Warning: spoilers. Useful if you get stuck or can't play the game.
You come round with a hazy memory and a voice crackling down your intercom, "Alice… Alice can you hear me". You recognise the voice… you just can't remember, who, or where. Panic rises, but the voice is calming, reassuring. You have a mission. You're part of a rescue team. Yes, it all makes sense.
Peering through your left hand you see another world, or time. The past.
Your right hand holds the future.
Looking round, you see a screen, hissing and fractured. "This must have once opened the door", you think. Once. In the past. Raising your left hand, a working screen slides into view. You press it in the past. The door murmurs, then pops open in the present.
- Oculus Rift DK1 or DK2
- Leap Motion device
- Mid-range PC / Mac (untested)
- Ensure audio is on (there is essential narration at the beginning).
- Launch in DirectToRift mode.
- Follow the narration.
- Use your left hand to open a portal to the past
- Use your right hand to open a portal to the future.
- Point at objects until their progress bar is full to interact with them.
- If you get stuck, check out the gameplay video.